Happy New Year everyone! I hope you are all had a wonderful holiday with your friends and family. I had the week off of work and was able to hang out with my family and best friend. For today’s post I am going to talk about my posting plan for the next year.
I recently changed my blog to posting daily and having a certain topic for each day. It was a great way to end the year; however I did realize that I had trouble thinking of a post for each day. With that being said I do plan to continue posting daily. The thing that will change is the content I am posting. I will not be doing set topics for each day anymore. Instead, I will be posting about whatever I feel will be enjoyed for that day.
This year I am going to center my blog on being a college student and my work as a nanny. I will still be sharing recipes I make, books I read, projects I make, shows I love at the moment, and the products I swear by. I will also start posting about experiences I have as a nanny or at school.
I hope you will all enjoy what I am going to do with the blog! I hope you all have a wonderful year!
Hey everyone! This year has gone by fast, and 2018 will be here soon. With the year ending it is that time again to see how you did on completing your goals from this past year and to set up new goals for the coming year.
This past year I only had two goals. One was to take more risks throughout the year. The second was to read 12 books. I completed the taking more risks goal, and was able to get out of my comfort zone by socializing more! This past year I started dating again for the first time since ending my engagement, and it definitely was not as bad as I had convinced myself it would be. I am sure the fact that the guy is one of the nicest guys there is helped a lot too! As far as my goal to read 12 books, I am still working on that. I read 11 books, so far, and am hoping to finish that last one tomorrow.
I already know what my goals are for next year, and I am excited to complete those! My goals for next year are;
- To read 12 books, and also under that complete my 2018 reading challenge!
- To run 2 5k’s
- To eat healthier for at least 1 meal a day
- To grow my lipsense business
- Save at least $150 per month
- To pay off any debt that I have
- Complete an item off my bucket list each month
- To pass my school classes
I do have quite a bit of goals this year, but I do plan on achieving them all! What are some of your goals for the New Year? Let me know in the comments below!
Hey everyone! I have seen a ton of reading challenges popping up for the New Year. Some of the lists had a ton of book topics and others had very few. I decided to make my own challenge of 12 topics that combined things from all the lists I saw. The topics on the list I created are below! I even wrote the books I plan to read next to them, if you need some ideas!
- A book of poetry, a play, or essay collection- I am choosing to read Diamonds +Hearts by Chris Siegfried and Desiree Hartsock
- A book on a bestseller list- I am choosing to read Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines. I found this book on the USA Today list.
- A book turned into a movie you’ve seen but haven’t read- There are a ton of books to come to mind, but I am choosing to read The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks.
- A book published in 2018- Even though it is not 2018 yet I already know that I plan on reading Single State of Mind by Andi Dorfman. I am currently finishing up her first book and I look forward to her new one!
- A book published the year you were born- I was born in 1993 so I plan on reading Little House on Rocky Ridge by Roger Lea MacBride. My dad used to read this series to me when I was younger so I am excited to read this again.
- A book recommended by a friend- I asked my best friend to suggest a book, and she suggested The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I have taken the quiz and I am really looking forward to reading the book!
- A book written by someone under 30- I am going to read Red Rising by Pierce Brown. With this one I am cutting it close, because his birthday is in January and he will turn 30. I am hoping to finish this before his birthday!
- A modern classic- I am going to read To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I read this in high school and I am so excited to read it again!
- A book with bad reviews- For this I did a quick search on Goodreads, and decided to read Women Who Work: Rewriting the Rules for Success by Ivanka Trump. On Goodreads this book was given 2 ½ stars out of 5. I am interested to see what my take on the book will be.
- A book by an author with your first name- My name is Annmarie so after another search on Goodreads I decided to read the book The Happy Closet by Annmarie O’Connor. I never heard of this author before, but I am looking forward to reading her books.
- A modern retelling of a classic novel- There are so many retellings out there, but I am choosing to read Sense and Sensibility by Joanna Trollope. This is a modern retelling of Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility. I have never been a huge fan of Jane Austen so I am hoping the modern version will be a better fit for me!
- A children’s book- Being a nanny I am super stoked for this one. My favorite thing is to read books with “D”, “B”, and Baby P. I am not sure what we will read yet, but I am definitely looking forward to what it will be.
I am excited to participate in this challenge and I hope you will join me in reading through this challenge. There is a link below that you can print and keep track of your challenge progress! What books do you plan on reading in the New Year? Let me know in the comments!
Reading Challenge Document: file:///C:/Users/Annmarie/Downloads/2018%20Reading%20(1).pdf